- Physical Layer
- Providing the connection to a device through a particular medium
- Sending and receiving the binary bit stream between endpoints
- Providing the interaction with the data link layer
This info is provided by ikonicSolution Software Development Company Islamabad
- Data Link Layer
- Transmitting information between the network layer and physical layer
- Specifying how the media is accessed and how it is shared
- Specifying the identification of the site
- Prescribing how to set up the frame according to the binary data received on the physical layer
- If the physical status of the port and the protocol status are Up, you can conclude that the data link layer is in the normal state.
- If the physical status of the port is Up while the protocol status is Down, you can conclude that there is a fault on the data link layer, or no IP address is configured for the interface.
- Network layer
- Segmenting, packing, and regrouping the data
- Sending the report that indicates errors
- Searching the optimal path to send the information
- Wrong IP addresses or subnet masks
- Repeated IP addresses in the internet
- Wrong routing protocols
If the route does not appear in the routing table, you should check if the static route, default route, and dynamic route are correctly configured.
Then configure the lost route manually or remove the fault that occurs during the selection of the dynamic routing protocol to update the routing table.
Above mentioned important points on each layer described by digital life partner ikonicsolution Software House in Islamabad